Tyres aren’t particularly cheap, and being reluctant to put anything on credit, I waited for the end of the following month to get a new one – only to find that this particular size is manufactured by a) the Chinese or b) Bridgestone, both of whom I have ethical problems with buying from.
After quite a bit of comparison shopping and asking questions, I found that the only tyres I could use were in fact Bridgestones, unless I wanted to put my life as well as my ethical principles under threat by opting for Chinese. So, WeSellDefectiveTyresToAfrica it was.
New tyre fitted (and clutch cabling repaired), I took her for a spin – and the wiring caught fire.
Complete rewiring and new ignition harness later, I took her for a spin again – and the master link snapped, ending up in the sprocket casing, while the chain ended up on the tarmac.
By now I was fairly cross with Nehallenia and decided a fresh, tougher approach was called for – after all, it was entirely possible that she was balking at having a female boss for the first time. So I changed the tone of my communication with her to closer to the tone I use when reminding the dogs who exactly the boss is.
No more problems. She runs well and sounds healthy. I’ll be starting to commute on her come next week.
Pic: How she ought to look, but, given a black spray job and a couple of pentacle transfers, probably won’t.